In 2022, the Xbox Console Companion Server will be blocked by Microsoft, resulting in connectivity issues for users of the Xbox Console Companion App. Microsoft has not released a statement on why they are blocking the server, but some analysts believe it has to do with the popularity of rival gaming platforms.
This means that gamers who use the app to connect their Xbox console to their mobile device will no longer be able to do so, and will have to find other ways to manage game content and chat with friends. Microsoft has not announced any plans to provide a workaround for this issue.
Gamers who use the Xbox Console Companion App should start making alternative arrangements now if they want to continue using the app after 2022. Do you want to know Xbox console companion server connectivity is blocked? Read further to know.
- How Do I Solve A Blocked Connection To The Xbox Console Companion Server?
- Frequently Asked Questions – Xbox Console Companion Server Connectivity Blocked
- How can I restore a blocked connection to the Xbox server?
- How do I unlock Teredo?
- What do I need to do if I’m using the Xbox Console Companion app on a Windows 10 Mobile device?
- Why is the Xbox Console Companion app being blocked from connecting to Xbox Live servers in 2022?
- What other methods can I use to connect to Xbox Live?
How Do I Solve A Blocked Connection To The Xbox Console Companion Server?
1. Check your internet connection
- Launch the Xbox Console Companion application.
- Click on the menu icon and open Settings.
- Open the Network tab. Wait for the network status to load.
- Under Internet Connection, check that the status is Connected. If it is connected, it means that your internet connection is working.
Once you’re sure your Internet connection is working, check to see if the Windows Defender firewall is enabled in Control Panel.
Enable Windows Defender Firewall
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter the control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, go to System and Security.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Make sure that Enable Windows Defender Firewall is selected for both the private and public network settings.
- Click OK to save the changes, close the Control Panel and restart the computer.
- After rebooting, open a command prompt as administrator.
- To do this, press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
netsh advfirewall displays the current profile
- In the Firewall Policy field, verify that BlockInbound, AllowOutbound is displayed.
- If the inbound policy is set to Allow inbound, run the following command:
netsh advfirewall sets the profile’s current firewall policy to Block incoming, Allow incoming.
- Then run the following command again to verify that the reception policy is set to BlockOutbound:
netsh advfirewall displays the current profile
- Close the command line and launch the Xbox Console Companion application.
To establish a Teredo IPsec connection you need to activate the Windows Firewall. The application also requires that you have a firewall enabled to play multiplayer games or host live parties.
3. Use a different IPv6 server
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the command line and select Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter to run it:
netsh int ipv6 set teredo client teredo.trex.fi
- Wait for the command to be executed. This changes the Microsoft IPv6 address to a different IP address.
Issues with Microsoft’s default IPv6 server may cause the Xbox Console Companion application to display an error blocking the connection. Changing the IPv6 server to a Teredo server solved the problem for many users.
4. Suppress startup and check for conflicts with third-party software
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type msconfig.msc and click OK to open the system configuration.
- Open the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box. This will hide all-important Microsoft services.
- Then click the Disconnect All button. This disables third-party services that are not needed.
- Open the Run tab and click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, open the Run tab.
- Close all active applications and exit Task Manager.
- Under System Configuration, click OK and Apply to save your changes.
- Click on Reboot Now and your system will reboot in clean boot mode.
In clean start mode, Windows starts up with only the bare necessities. This will help you determine if the problem was caused by a third party.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restore Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
The connection to the Xbox Console Companion server may be blocked if your antivirus software blocks the connection. So, in clean boot mode, launch the Xbox Console Companion application and see if the connection lock error persists.
If not, close or temporarily disable the antivirus program to see if this fixes the error. Make sure you disable clean boot mode by enabling third-party services in the system configuration, then reboot to apply the changes.
If disabling the antivirus fixed the error, you should add the Xbox Console Companion application to your whitelist. If the problem persists, try another antivirus program like Malwarebytes.
Antivirus programs like Bit Defender Internet Security, AVG, Panda Internet Security are some of the security programs known to cause this error.
5. Check your time and region
- Make sure the date and time are set correctly on your computer. If not, set the date and time manually through the settings.
- Press Start and select Settings.
- Open time and language.
- Disable the Auto Time Setting option.
- Then click the Edit button in the Manual Date and Time setting area. Make the necessary changes on your computer according to your time zone.
- Then make sure that the set time is automatically activated.
Close the Settings window, then launch the Xbox Console Companion application and verify that the connection blocking error is resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions – Xbox Console Companion Server Connectivity Blocked
How can I restore a blocked connection to the Xbox server?
en-US ‘ Help ‘ connect network
How do I unlock Teredo?
Help! Help! Help! ‘ Discussion of diagnostic components ‘.
What do I need to do if I’m using the Xbox Console Companion app on a Windows 10 Mobile device?
You’ll need to switch to another method of connecting to Xbox Live before 2022. The Xbox app for Windows 10 will continue to be supported and will allow you to connect to Xbox Live.
Why is the Xbox Console Companion app being blocked from connecting to Xbox Live servers in 2022?
The app is being blocked due to the end of support for Windows 10 Mobile devices.
What other methods can I use to connect to Xbox Live?
The Xbox app for Windows 10 will continue to be supported and will allow you to connect to Xbox Live. You can also use the Xbox One console to connect to Xbox Live.
Microsoft has confirmed that it is blocking server connectivity for the Xbox Console Companion app on Android and iOS devices. The company says that this is being done to improve user experience, but some gamers are not happy with the decision. If you’re one of those people, we hope you liked this article – we’ll continue to follow this story and update you as new information arises.
- How To Recover Deleted iMessages On Mac In 2022 – Simple Guide - October 14, 2022
- How To Connect MacBook To Ethernet In 2022 – Quick Guide - October 14, 2022
- How To Delete Sent Text Messages On Android In 2022 – Quick Guide - October 14, 2022