I’m a treadmill workouts enthusiast and I have been one for the last 9 years. I started my Treadmill Workouts with cheap treadmills and used them until they died. I later bought a commercial treadmill and I never looked back. I’m now a proud owner of a $4000 treadmill and I use it daily. However, I haven’t gotten bored of it just yet! I still love running on my treadmill. I’ve come across some good treadmills in the 9 years I’ve been running and I’ve seen a lot of advancements in treadmill technology. Treadmill manufacturers are coming up with a lot of features to keep consumers happy. Why I Wrote These Blogs
The problem with most fitness equipment is that it is built to accomplish one goal and only one goal. For example, a treadmill is built to get you in great cardiovascular shape. But what if you are a bodybuilder, looking to gain muscle? Or perhaps you are a runner, but you want to go on a long trip and need to keep your fitness levels up? The solution is simple: Use a treadmill, and find a way to use it that will accomplish other goals as well.
We all want to get the most for our money. This is especially true for electronic equipment, which requires hefty financial investment. Instead of buying a one-trick-pony treadmill that can only perform one type of workout, or purchasing one of the more expensive running machines that have a built-in screen and TV, why not invest in a treadmill that can perform multiple functions for you?
If you’re short on time or don’t want to spend too much time on the treadmill, here are some effective and fun exercises you can substitute for walking or running.
pyramid training to burn calories
The perfect combination of running and walking intervals that will help you burn a lot of calories.
Start with a 3-minute warm-up by jogging or walking lightly, then perform the intervals below.
- 30 seconds running at an average pace – 30 seconds walking
- 1 minute running at a moderate pace – 1 minute walking
- 2 minutes running at a moderate pace – 1 minute walking
- 3 minutes running at a moderate pace – 1 minute walking
- Run at a moderate pace for 4 minutes – Walk for 1 minute
- 3 minutes fast walk – 1 minute walk
- 2 minutes fast walk – 1 minute walk
- 1 minute of intensive running – 1 minute of walking
- 30 seconds of intense running – 30 seconds of walking
Rest by jogging lightly for 2 minutes or walking briskly.
Some old-fashioned side swinging movements accompanied by running and walking train the glutes and quads.
The warm-up consists of at least one minute of walking at a gentle pace, followed by a light jog for 4 minutes.
- Return to step speed by holding down the sidebar.
- Turn your body to the side and lower yourself into a squat position.
- Lateral movement of the feet
- Cross one leg over the other
- Keep walking for 30 seconds.
- Back to the front and running positions for 2 minutes
Repeat the steps for both sides for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Finish the exercise with a 5-minute cool-down.
Walking on the hills – walking on the flat
Let’s start training our glutes with hills, alternating between running and walking.
- Treadmill inclined at 1% at start
Start with a 5-minute warm-up exercise of light jogging or brisk walking on a machine with an incline of up to 1%.
- Increase the incline to 2% – walk for 1 minute.
- Reduce the incline to 1% – run at a comfortable pace for 1 minute.
- Increase the slope to 3% – walk for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the incline to 1% – run at a comfortable pace for 2 minutes.
- Increase the slope to 4% – walk for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the incline to 1% – run at a comfortable pace for 3 minutes.
- Increase the incline to 4% – walk for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the incline to 1% – run at a comfortable pace for 4 minutes.
Refresh yourself with a light run or a brisk 5-minute walk.
Now the question is: Should I buy a treadmill?
Yes, without a doubt, with these and other exercises that extend the treadmill’s versatility beyond walking, you can make the most of your time and money.
- This is the easiest trainer to use.
- Unlike sidewalks, curbs or paths, it provides a predictable walking surface.
- You can control all aspects of your training: Speed, incline, timer, energy consumption and heart rate monitor.
- You can create your own workouts with custom settings.
- Multiple people can use the device without changing the design.
- The latest treadmill models allow you to track your fitness through heart rate monitors and pedometers.
- Running on a treadmill is more effective than other home exercises.
You can watch your favorite TV program at any time while running. If you don’t like going outside to run fast, and you don’t like running into the wall, a treadmill with your favorite TV show is the way to go.
Like everything else, the treadmill has drawbacks;
- Treadmills are expensive if you are looking for efficient equipment.
- They take up a lot of space.
- Treadmill maintenance requires the assistance of a professional.
- Some treadmills have a louder motor that can interfere with other activities.
- Treadmills are a limitation to most people’s training options.
We’ve listed a few exercises you can use to increase the versatility of your treadmill.
What should I look for when buying my next treadmill?
Break the chains, increase your exercise with the best treadmills. Here are some of the key features that you should not overlook if you want to purchase an upgraded version of the treadmill.
- motor power; higher power means smoother, more powerful and quieter operation.
- Running surface; The running surface of the treadmill must be wide and long enough to accommodate different body weights and sizes.
- Electronic controls; Convenience and time saving in the use, reading and setting of electronic hand controls.
- Noise level; The machines have different noise levels related to the engine. Choose the one that makes the least noise when walking or running.
- Handrails: Make sure the treadmill you choose has sturdy and secure handrails.
- Slope: A treadmill with an incline will help you achieve visible results in less time than that of a flat treadmill or a treadmill without an incline.
In addition to the treadmill, the StairMaster offers similar functionality with an escalator instead of a treadmill that primarily trains the legs and core muscles. Depending on your body type and training needs, you can choose either option by understanding the difference between the treadmill and the StairMaster.
In short, if you’re motivated enough to make the most of the time and money you’ve invested in a treadmill, there are ways to increase the versatility of your new machine. Understand the needs, here are some of the best budget treadmills for everyone. In addition to the best treadmills, you can also read the buying guide to better understand what to look for when buying. With a myriad of models available on the market, picking the right treadmill for exercise can seem overwhelming. While running on a treadmill is a great way to get into shape, it is not the only way. We have broken down the best treadmill workouts into 3 categories, for those of you who simply want to get into shape, for those who want to lose weight, and for those of you who want to compete in the new 2020 Olympics. Here are the top 5 workouts for each classification, taken from our popular 2020 Olympics treadmill workouts guide.. Read more about free treadmill walking workouts and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are treadmill workouts effective?
Treadmills are a great way to get a workout without even leaving the house. If you have access to a good piece of equipment, all you have to do is walk on it and you can get a complete workout that will make you fitter and healthier. As with everything in life, it’s important that you make the most of your treadmill time, and make sure you really reach your goals. With that in mind, here are some tips to help you make the most of your treadmill workouts. When it comes to the versatility of exercise equipment, nothing beats the humble treadmill. Unlike other workout machines, it can be used to help you achieve a variety of goals. Whether it’s weight loss you are after, or you want to get in better shape for the upcoming season, treadmills can help you achieve your goals.
Is it bad to run everyday on a treadmill?
Treadmills are reliable and easy to use, so they’re a great choice for beginner runners and those who want a low-impact workout. But whether you’re running at home or at your local gym, there are some things you should keep in mind when using a treadmill. For one thing, treadmills aren’t as friendly to different body types as outdoors. For another, running on a treadmill can be extremely boring, which means you might not stick to your workout plans as well as you would otherwise. (Optional) If you’re feeling a little beat up after a tough round of CrossFit or HIIT, a treadmill workout might be just the thing you need. While it’s true that the treadmill is the ultimate in monotonous cardio, with the right approach you can actually make it enjoyable and challenging. We’ve got some tips and tricks that will help you find success with your next treadmill workout.
Is 20 minutes on the treadmill a day enough?
I’m sure you have been asked this question as many times as I have, which is why I thought I would do a blog post on it. “Is twenty minutes on the treadmill a day enough?” The answer is yes. If you are a beginner, and just starting to work out, then 20 minutes on the treadmill is a perfect start. But what if you want to get more out of your 20 minutes on the treadmill? Some individuals believe that fasted cardio is the fastest way to lose fat, while others argue that slow and steady is better when it comes to weight loss. So, what’s the truth? The truth is there is no “one size fits all” solution to permanent healthy weight loss. What works for one person may not work for you, since our bodies respond differently to different workout regimens, depending on genetics and other health factors.
free virtual walks for treadmillstreadmill workouts for beginnerstreadmill walking workoutfree treadmill walking workoutsvirtual treadmill workoutsbest treadmill,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,1:00:12Loch Einich Scotland Virtual Treadmill RunTreadmill TVYouTube – Jul 10, 2020,1:00:12,Loch Einich Scotland Virtual Treadmill Run,Treadmill TVYouTube – Jul 10, 2020,Treadmill TV,YouTube – Jul 10, 2020,46:00VIRTUAL RUNNING Videos For Treadmill With MusicFORDY RUNSYouTube – Sep 2, 2018,46:00,VIRTUAL RUNNING Videos For Treadmill With Music,FORDY RUNSYouTube – Sep 2, 2018,FORDY RUNS,YouTube – Sep 2, 2018,30:59VIRTUAL RUNNING Videos For Treadmill With MusicFORDY RUNSYouTube – May 14, 2020,30:59,FORDY RUNSYouTube – May 14, 2020,YouTube – May 14, 2020,See more,37:36Treadmill Walking Workout with Rosalie BrownRosalie BrownYouTube – Jan 20, 2021,37:36,Treadmill Walking Workout with Rosalie Brown,Rosalie BrownYouTube – Jan 20, 2021,Rosalie Brown,YouTube – Jan 20, 2021,2:4030-Minute Walk with Cardio IntervalsSilverSneakersYouTube – May 30, 2019,2:40,30-Minute Walk with Cardio Intervals,SilverSneakersYouTube – May 30, 2019,SilverSneakers,YouTube – May 30, 2019,31:46Treadmill workout for beginners with Chrissy – 30 MinutesthegymboxYouTube – Mar 13, 2015,31:46,Treadmill workout for beginners with Chrissy – 30 Minutes,thegymboxYouTube – Mar 13, 2015,thegymbox,YouTube – Mar 13, 2015,1:14:11Hoover Dam Rail Trail Virtual Walk with MusicTreadmill TVYouTube – Sep 9, 2017,1:14:11,Hoover Dam Rail Trail Virtual Walk with Music,Treadmill TVYouTube – Sep 9, 2017,YouTube – Sep 9, 2017,31:45Treadmill workout with music with Jenni – 30 MinutesthegymboxYouTube – Apr 3, 2015,31:45,Treadmill workout with music with Jenni – 30 Minutes,thegymboxYouTube – Apr 3, 2015,YouTube – Apr 3, 2015,25:20Treadmill Music Video Workout Mix with a Virtual Run in Madrid …World Nature VideoYouTube – Jun 27, 2018,25:20,Treadmill Music Video Workout Mix with a Virtual Run in Madrid …,World Nature VideoYouTube – Jun 27, 2018,World Nature Video,YouTube – Jun 27, 2018,SOLE F80,Horizon T101,NordicTrack T 6.5 S,NordicTrack Commercial 1750,SOLE F63,ProForm Pro 2000,Sunny Health & Fitness SF…,XTERRA Fitness TR150,SereneLife Smart Electric Fo…,Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fit,Best Choice Products 800W Fold…,ProForm 505 CST,free virtual walks for treadmills,treadmill workouts for beginners,treadmill walking workout,free treadmill walking workouts,virtual treadmill workouts