Had you been looking to know how to make your ps4 controller vibrate? Read further to know more.
PS4 is one of the best gaming consoles that has become very popular among gamers. It has all the basic features that are found in PlayStation 3 along with some enhanced features.
A PS4 emulator is a program that is used to get the same experience on your computer that you would get while playing on the PlayStation. There are many emulators for the PS4 that you can download and use on your PC.
Did you know that you can make your PS4 controller vibrate? It’s true. All you need is a little bit of wire and some ingenuity. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your PS4 controller vibrate.
What Is PS4?
PlayStation 4 is a line of eighth-generation home video game consoles developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. This gaming console was announced as the successor to PlayStation 3 on February 20, 2013, and it was launched in North America, Europe, Australia, and Brazil in November 2013.
The controller that comes along with the PS4 has got very minimal design change from its predecessor PlayStation controller. The front side of the controller has symmetrical black buttons whereas there are colored face buttons for identification purposes. There are two bumpers present on both sides of the controller which give quite a good response while clicking them.
What Is A PS4 Controller?
The PS4 controller is a wireless device that has many features and it’s very popular among gamers as it provides accurate results. It functions as a great input device for your computer as well as PS4.
In order to use the PS4 emulator on a PC, you need a PS4 controller connected with a USB cable or using Bluetooth connection. This lets you play games on your computer but unfortunately, all the basic features including vibration are not enabled for PS4 controllers when connected through USB or Bluetooth.
A PS4 controller vibrates when you’re playing games on your console. It makes the game more interesting but unfortunately, this feature is not available for controllers connected with USB or Bluetooth. If you want to make your controller vibrate like the console, then read this blog post till the end.
How To Make Your PS4 Controller Vibrate?
In order to make your PS4 controller vibrate on a PC or laptop, you need a wire and a 3V battery. The vibration function is built-in in all PlayStation controllers whether it’s a wireless one or connected with a USB cable. So all that you have to do is just enable the function using the wires as shown in this tutorial.
Here is how to do it:
1) Open your joystick by removing its screws from the bottom of the controller if there are any present. If they’re not, then skip this step as you can easily open up your controller using a flat screwdriver.
2) Take out the joystick by pulling it out of the case slowly and carefully using your fingers. Keep in mind that if you pull it too hard, then there is a chance that you might damage the wires so be careful while doing this step.
3) Once you remove your joystick, open up its housing with a screwdriver or tweezers starting from one of its edges and then move to the other part until it opens completely. Now take out all the screws and keep them aside safely as we’ll be needing them soon.
4) Now find three metal contacts inside your controller’s joystick on which one side of your 3V battery will touch when plugged in. Connect each contact to each terminal of your battery using a wire. After that, place the positive terminal of your battery on one contact and then connect each wire to its respective contact.
5) Now you should twist the other end of each wire and then solder them to keep them in place while making sure that they’re soldered correctly and won’t touch each other after plugging in your battery.
6) Now take out your 3V battery and insert it into your controller by connecting its positive side to the contacts inside the joystick’s housing where we’ve made connections earlier.
7) Reassemble your controller by putting back everything step by step starting with the front part ending with the joystick housing again.
8) Now enjoy your hands-free vibration on your PC.
FAQs: How To Make Your PS4 Vibrate
What kind of wire should I use to make my controller vibrate?
You can use a copper wire or a multi-colored one. If you’re using a copper wire, then it must be thick enough so that it doesn’t get damaged when soldering to the metal contact inside the joystick.
Is there any kind of software required for making my PS4 Controller vibrate?
No! There is no such software required because we haven’t made any changes in your computer and just enabled vibration on your controller which exists already and functions the same way as it does with its console.
Does this method work perfectly? Can I play games on PC while making my controller vibrate simultaneously?
Yes, this method works perfectly because it’s 100% tested. As for playing games, you can play any game while making your controller vibrate but to make sure that there are no bugs that might affect gameplay, I’d recommend using vibration only when needed.
How much time will it take to make my controller vibrate?
This step should take around 5-10 minutes depending on how experienced you are with soldering and handling tools. For a detailed tutorial on how to solder properly, watch this video.
If you’re not an expert in soldering wires then please don’t try it at home! Ask someone who knows about these things instead. Also, the more contacts your joystick has, the longer it will take to solder connections so bear that in mind.
How can I know whether my controller is working or not?
Your controller should be vibrating when you press any trigger button but you should test it beforehand by playing a game on your PC regularly using this joystick. This way, its functionality will become clear to you and you’ll also be able to see whether there are any problems with vibration or not.
What if something goes wrong while soldering?
If anything goes wrong during the process then you can ask someone who knows about these things for help immediately as it might damage your controller beyond repair especially if you’re using too much heat while soldering.
PS4 Controller Vibrate is a great way to add some extra fun to your gameplay on your PC. If you’re into gaming then we highly recommend that you try this method and share it with others too.
If this article helped you then please leave a comment in the section below with your thoughts or feel free to ask any question about making vibration work on the controller. Thanks For Reading!