In this blog post, we will discuss how to block Youtube on Mac. This is a great way to keep yourself focused and productive while working. So let’s get started!
Videos about almost everything can be seen on the most popular video-sharing website. There are both entertaining and useful videos on the platform.
They are also addictive and can distract you. It is possible to become more focused and productive by blocking distractions on the Mac. Parents can reduce their children’s screen time with blocking.
There is no official app for macOS, unlike for other platforms. If you want to watch videos on Mac, you have to go to the YouTube website. It’s blocking access to the internet, so it’s blocking the internet.
Some Mac users use third-party video-sharing websites. The easiest way to block the YouTube website and app on a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac is shown in the article. So let’s read further and know how to block Youtube on Mac.
- How To Block Youtube On Mac In The Easiest Way
- Other Ways How To Block Youtube On Mac
How To Block Youtube On Mac In The Easiest Way
For Mac users, the easiest way to block access to YouTube is to use Cisdem App, the best website blocker and app blocker for Mac. The method that allows you to block websites on a Mac administrator account is different from the other methods in the article.
You need to download and install the YouTube blocker. If you are going to open the app for the first time, you should have a password. Click the icon in the menu bar if you want to open the main windows.
The password needs to be entered when asked. Click the Web Block icon if you want to open the main window. Click Add in the URL box if you want to add the website to your bookmarks.
On your Mac, you can no longer watch YouTube. The website won’t open when you try to open it with your browser, and you will see a message below. There are 2 options to unblock the video-sharing website.
The site will be accessible right away if you click the red minus icon in the Web block window. Clicking on the Disable WebBlocker will allow you to temporarily unblock the blocked sites. To continue blocking, click on the link to enable WebBlocker.
Because of the password, it’s hard to get around the blocked youtube.com. The password is needed to access AppCrypt’s main window, unblock sites, quit AppCrypt, or uninstall it. If you want to be more focused at work or study, you may want to ask someone else to set the password for YouTube.
Block Access To Youtube App On Mac
Click the Add App icon in the main window to add an app. Click on the Add button from the Applications folder if you want to add the third-party YouTube app. It has been locked up now. The password needs to be entered correctly to open it. The app can be unlocked by selecting it and clicking the Remove App icon.
Disable Access To Youtube During Certain Hours
You’ve learned how to block videos on Mac with AppCrypt or permanently. You have the option of disabling YouTube access based on the recurring schedule. Click Menu > Preferences in the main window to change it.
Click the Add Schedule button under the Schedule tab if you want to add the video to your schedule. The times of the day and days of the week can be specified. If more schedules are needed, they should be added. It is possible to set it to prevent access to the internet during school hours.
If you want your Mac to be free of distraction, you should switch from the default blocklist mode to the Allow list mode. This way, all sites are blocked, not including the ones added to Allow list.
Other Ways How To Block Youtube On Mac
Here are some other ways on how to block Youtube on Mac.
Use Screen Time
- Applies to: macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
- Included with macOS 10.15 or later, Screen Time is useful and versatile. It can be used to completely block YouTube on Chrome Mac and Safari Mac.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Screen Time.
- Go to Options. Turn on Screen Time and set a Screen Time passcode.
- In the Screen Time window, click Content & Privacy on the left.
- Click the Turn On button to enable Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Under the Content tab, select Limit Adult Websites.
- Click the Customize button that appears.
- Under Restricted, click the plus icon (+) to add YouTube to the Restricted list. Click OK.
If you want to unblock the website, remove it from the restricted list. Unrestricted Access can be enabled as shown in Step 5 or Content & Privacy Restrictions can be turned off as shown in Step 4. Screen Time has an App Limits feature that can help you put a time limit on videos on the internet.
Use Parental Controls
Applies to: macOS 10.4 Tiger – macOS 10.14 Mojave
Screen Time is not available on earlier versions of the software. It is possible to block the video-sharing website on the Mac. The blocking is only applicable to the non-administrator user account.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click Parental Controls. From the two options provided, select a desired one. Click Continue. Here we choose the first option.
- Now create a new user account with parental controls.
- Go to the Web tab. Enable Try to limit access to adult websites.
- Click the Customize button.
- Under Never allow these websites, add YouTube to the list. Click OK.
If you want to limit applications on this Mac, you need to go to the Apps tab and turn on Limit Applications. You can prevent further changes when you click the lock icon in the corner when you finish setting up.
It’s possible to block YouTube on the Mac with Terminal. The terminal emulator is included in the macOS operating system. The blocking is done by editing the operating system file in your Mac.
- On your Mac, open the Terminal app.
- Type “sudo pico /etc/hosts”.
- Enter your admin password.
- Type “127.0.0.1” and then type “youtube.com”.
- Type “127.0.0.1” and then type “www.youtube.com”.
- Use the Ctrl-O shortcut and then press the Return key.
The video-sharing website is now blocked. Until you clear the cache, it will still open in your web browser. It is possible to verify the blocking using your browser’s incognito mode.
There is a question about how to unblock websites on Mac Terminal. You should just uninstall the websites that you have typed. Unless you are comfortable using the command line, this method is not recommended.
So these were the some of the easiest ways on how to block Youtube on Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Block Youtube Channels From Appearing on Mac?
A: If you want to block a particular YouTube channel from appearing on your Mac, you can do so by following the steps below:
1. Open the “System Preferences” app on your Mac.
2. Click on the “Parental Controls” icon.
3. Select the user account that you want to block YouTube channels for from the list of user accounts.
4. Click on the “Web” tab. Under the “Allowed Websites” section, click on the “Add” button.
5. Type in “www.youtube-nocookie.com” and then click on the “Add” button again. Under the “Never Allow” section, click on the “Add” button.
6. Type in “www.youtube.com” and then click on the “Add” button again. Then close the “System Preferences” app.
YouTube channels should now be blocked from appearing on your Mac for the selected user account.
2. How To Block Ads On Youtube?
A: There are many different ways to block ads. If you have a web browser, you can install an ad-blocking extension. It’s possible to get an ad-free experience if you pay for the membership.
There is a trick that is old and useful. If you want to watch a video, go to the website. The following code can be entered by opening the developer console. The Return key needs to be pressed.
3. How do you block a website on a Mac?
A: If you want to block a website on your Mac, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to use the built-in parental controls in macOS. To do this, open the System Preferences app and click on “Parental Controls.” Then, click on “Web Content.” From here, you can add websites to a blacklist, which will prevent anyone who is using your Mac from accessing those sites.
You can also use DNS blocking to block websites. This involves editing your DNS settings to redirect traffic from the blocked website to a dummy IP address. This method is a bit more technical, but it can be effective if you want to block a large number of websites.
The article talks about how to block Youtube on Mac. Videos on the internet are useful or enjoyable to watch. If you find yourself spending a lot of time on the internet, you may need to limit or block your access to it.
It is possible to become more productive in work, study, or everyday life by spending less time on websites that are addictive. You can use these methods to block other unwanted websites on Mac. We hope this post on “How to block Youtube on Mac” was helpful for you to fix the problem of Mac. Thanks for reading!
- Roblox Anime Mania Codes in 2023 And How To Active And Redeem Codes - January 28, 2023
- Google Photos On Roku VIA Screen Mirroring Or Screen Casting In 2023 - January 28, 2023
- How To Know If Someone Muted You On Messenger In 2023 - January 28, 2023