Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 is a Windows process that is responsible for launching Epic Games software such as Fortnite. Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 is not a part of Windows 10, but is a part of the Epic Games Launcher software that is installed on your system. The Epic Games Launcher software is responsible for installing the Epic Games software that you have installed on your system. Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 is launched automatically when you start your Epic Games software.
If you are one of the users who has a problem with the Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 error, wait no longer. The solution to this problem is here. The Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 problem makes it impossible to play the game but you do not have to worry about it anymore. You’ll be able to play the game following the steps in this article.
This is another DLL (Dynamic Link Library) error message, meaning that there is something wrong with the specified DLL. When this issue occurs, the Epic Games launcher does not open for users.
Most users have confirmed that this error occurs on the Windows 7 64-bit platform, and today we’ll show you how to fix it.
How do I fix the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 error?
1. Use dedicated system recovery software
Since the kernal32 error is a DLL file problem, it may be useful to run a system recovery program that can fix DLL errors. The best system recovery software can fix a wide range of Windows, DLL and BSOD issues with a single click.
Some system recovery utilities repair missing or damaged DLL files.
Restoro is a robust third-party DLL repair tool that uses a built-in automatic system and an online library full of working DLLs to replace and repair any files that are damaged or corrupted on your PC.
All you need to do to fix your PC problems is to launch it and simply follow the instructions on the screen to start the process, as everything else is covered by the program’s automatic processes.
Here you can learn how to fix registration errors with Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the software.
- Wait for the computer to be scanned for stability issues and possible malware.
- Press the Start repair button.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
Once this process is completed, your computer will be as good as new and you will no longer suffer from BSoD errors, slow response times and other such problems.
⇒ Get Restoro
Denial: The program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Start Epic Games Launcher as administrator
- Right-click the desktop shortcut for Epic Games Launcher and select Properties.
- Then click on the Compatibility tab (see below).
- Select the Run this program as administrator check box.
- Click on the Apply option.
- Click OK to close the Epic Games Launcher Properties window.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
This is a simple workaround, and many users have reported that it helped them resolve the Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 error.
3. Copy the file Api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0 to the folder Epic Game Win64
- First you need to open File Manager by pressing the Windows + E key combination.
- Then open this folder in File Explorer : C:/Windows/System32/CompatTel
- Type api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll in the search field of the file explorer.
- Then right-click on the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file and select Copy.
- Then open the Win64 subfolder in the Epic Games Launcher folder. The default path for this folder is : C:Program Files (x86)Epic GamesLauncherPortalBinariesWin64
- Right-click on an empty spot in the Win64 subfolder and select Paste to copy api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll to that folder.
- Then close File Manager and try to open Epic Game Launcher.
If this filename contains uppercase letters, manually change them to lowercase.
This is a simple fix, but many users have reported that it works and helped them solve the Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 error.
4. Apply the KB4507456 patch (Windows 7 fix)
- First, open the KB4507456 page on the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
- Click the Download button to download KB4507456 update compatible with your Windows platform.
- Then click on the link in the Microsoft Update window that opens.
- Select the folder to download the update.
- After downloading the update, open the folder containing the update.
- Double-click the MSU file of the downloaded update to install it.
Missing updates can cause the Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 error, but many have reported that this issue was resolved after installing the KB4507456 update.
5. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
- Open Run by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type this command in the Open text box: appwiz.cpl
- Then press OK to open Programs and Features.
- Select the Epic Games Launcher program.
- Select the removal option for Epic Games.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Epic Games.
- Open the Epic Games download page in your browser.
- Click on the Epic Games Launcher download button.
- Reinstall Epic Games using the downloaded installation wizard.
There are many third-party uninstaller tools that can thoroughly remove the remaining program files, which you can also use to uninstall Epic Games Launcher.
⇒ Get IOBit Uninstaller
6. Restoring Windows to a Restore Point
- To open System Restore, first run the Run program.
- Then click OK after typing this command in the Run text box: rstrui
- Then select the Choose another restore point radio button if this option is available.
- Press the Next button to continue.
- If System Restore displays the Show more restore points option, select this check box to display a full list of data.
- Choose a restore point that will reset Windows 10 to the time when Epic Games Launcher was open on your computer without any problems.
- Click Next > Done to confirm the selected restore point and start the restore process.
Message: System restore points remove software installed after the date they were created. To check which programs need to be reinstalled for the selected restore point, click the Check Affected Programs button in System Restore.
Epic Games Launcher users have confirmed that some of the above solutions can solve the Epic Games Launcher api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 problem.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about epic games api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32 and let us know what you think.
epic games api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32epic games the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missingepic games launcher kernel32 dllepic games launcher missing dllepic games launcher system error api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll windows 7,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,epic games launcher system error api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32,api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll windows 7,api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l1-1-0.dll is missing epic games,epic games api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32,api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll 64 bit,epic games the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing,epic games launcher kernel32 dll,epic games launcher missing dll